What to Expect
You're busy with life so I'll do my best to make the photography process as streamlined and stress-free as possible.
- Call, email, or text to get the ball rolling on your on-location session
- Fill out a brief questionnaire or schedule a phone consult
- Sign the photo session agreement & pay your retainer to secure your session and you're all set
- Show up for your session and have some fun
- About two weeks later we'll meet up for your in-home reveal & I’ll walk you through customizing the perfect products for you and your home
Folio Boxes are even available immediately, while most print orders will arrive in a couple weeks, some special order items may take longer.
"Can I be in the Photos too?"
Of course! In fact I highly recommend including yourself and anyone your dog considers family in at least a few photos. As adorable as your dog is, we want to capture the love you have for each other not just that sweet face.
Where to Go?
If you & your dog have a special spot that's close to your heart I'm happy to meet you there! No ideas? Let's chat! I'm happy to help you find the perfect locale to suit your style. Whether we're meeting up at Lions Park, Bear Creek Park, Downtown, or even your back yard, you'll have images you can cherish for years to come.
What to Wear?
Something you'll be comfortable playing with your dog in.
Jeans and a nice shirt generally allow plenty of flexibility.
Solid colors photograph best.
Shoes that suit your style but you're comfortable walking your dog in.
"My dog isn't very well behaved."
That's ok! I have worked with all kinds of animals at every level of “training” from very young puppies who didn't know any “manners” to very old dogs who were just over following “the rules'. Each dog has a unique personality and I will do my very best to work your photos around your pets personality and capabilities. This might mean less than perfect posing, or changing the shot halfway through to accommodate your dog. If your dog has settled into a good spot I may ask you to quickly slide over next to them. At times it may feel a little awkward or chaotic, but I promise you'll be happy with the final results.
"You can just fix it in PhotoShop right?"
The answer to this is yes and no. I am a firm believer that your images should reflect you & your dog. While I am happy to do minor retouching in processing your final photos, I don't do large scale changes, like body shaping, because it'll look obvious and unnatural.
"What about my leash?"
- If YOU are comfortable taking your dog off leash, you are welcome to, as long as they are very reliable under voice control.
- Keep local leash laws in mind. Nothing ruins a fun outing like a ticket.
- Consider using a decorative leash and collar.
- During your session I'll do my best to position your dogs leash in a way that it wont show or that it can be removed in post.
- Leash removal isn't always an option but I'll do my best.
What's the Timeline?
- Schedule your photo session 2-6 weeks out. ( Legacy Sessions can be scheduled sooner to accommodate your dogs needs)
- Spend about 90 minutes having fun & taking pictures at your photo session.
- 2 weeks later kick back with a glass of wine and enjoy your in-home reveal where I'll help you find the perfect way to show off all your favorite images.
- 2-3 weeks later I'll deliver all the goodies right to your door.
You have enough stress in your life, capturing awesome images with your pup shouldn't be one of them. Let me worry about the details so you & your dog can relax and have fun!Let's Get Started!
Thanks so much for capturing my girl so well!”Claudia
What are My Options?
To best serve Denver's dog lovers I do things a little differently here at Furever Friends. Rather than just hand you digital files and wish you luck figuring out what to do with them, I’ll take the time to help you decide exactly which of my custom products are best for you and your session, then put everything together for you, allowing you to sit back and relax while I do what I do best.
My clients invest an average of $500-$900 in capturing their dogs legacy.