Pet Photo Style Guide
Among all the details of your photo session what to wear is probably the one most likely to slip your mind until the last minute. After all, your an adult, you dress yourself every-single-day, probably without much thought. However, what you wear for your pet photo session has the potential to make or break your images. I don’t want to stress you out here, pictures should be fun. So I’ve put together a quick guide to help you pick out the perfect ensemble.
Rule #1: Pick an outfit that you FEEL AMAZING in!!!
If you feel great you’ll look great. End of story.
- Wear solid colors.
- Pick something that suits your style.
- Love the bling? Bling it up
- More laid back? Keep it chill
- Try your outfit standing and sitting. Even the biggest dogs are shorter than you are, so you’ll probably end up sitting with them a bit.
- If you’re wearing a skirt make sure you’re ok with where it falls when you sit down.
- A proper fit will look the best. If you wear something too big or too small it’ll add weight that doesn’t exist.
Worried about a problem area? Camouflage & Minimize.
- Worried about the “batwing”? Wear long sleeves.
- Don’t love your thighs? Long, dark colored pants will minimize them.
- Swooping neckline & long necklaces bring attention away from your neckline if that’s a concern.
- Generally speaking lighter, brighter colors draw focus, and darker ones conceal.
Don’t forget your shoes!
- Style to match your outfit
- But make sure you can walk the dog in them
- Or just take them off! There’s something awesome about going barefoot outdoors.
Coordinate with the others in your photos
- Couples don’t have to match exactly but it helps if you’re coordinated.
- It’s also a good idea to contrast with your dog.
- Light colored dog, consider a darker outfit
- Black dog? Something light & bright will help him pop.
At the end of the day you can’t go wrong with a pair of jeans & a blouse. With a fancy pair of boots or sandals and fitted jacket to complete the ensemble.
But most of all wear something that makes you FEEL great! Self-confidence shines from the inside out and the better you feel about how you look, the better you’ll look in your photos.
Dog Info - Helpful tips & tricks