There are a lot of varying opinions on the best way to dress for a photo shoot. And of course there are exceptions to every rule. I recommend checking yourself out in a full length mirror both standing and sitting to make sure you love how you look in your picture day outfit.
- Wear solid colors, bright or dark is up to you.
- If you have a light colored pet, consider a darker color
- If you have a dark colored dog, think about lighter/brighter colors.
- Wear an outfit that fits comfortably.
- Clothing that’s too big or to tight will add weight that doesn’t exist.
- Wear something you don’t mind getting muddy paws & dog hair on.
- Make sure you feel good sitting as well as standing.
- Dogs are short, even the big ones, so in order to be in the same frame you’ll have to get down to their level.
- If you wear a dress make sure your comfortable with where it falls when you sit.
- Style your hair and jewelry to match the look of your outfit.
- If you dress casual wear jewelry you’d wear every day.
- If you want to dress up, don’t forget to leave time to perfect your makeup and style your hair in the morning.
- Couples & families should dress in coordinating outfits.
- You don’t have to match exactly, but you can.
- Try to keep to the same family of colors-jewel tones, or earth tones, etc.
- IF your nervous about certain areas, just cover them up.
- Worried about your upper arms? Wear long sleeves.
- Not fond of your calves or thighs? Long pants in a dark color might be your best bet.
- Don’t forget about your shoes!
- They should go with the style of your outfit.
- Be relatively comfortable for walking.
- If you have a big dog who likes to pull, make sure your shoes are stable.
- And if you don’t like them, you can always take them off :)
- Wearing open toes? Don’t forget that pedicure.
But most of all wear something that makes you FEEL great! Self-confidence shines from the inside out and the better you feel about how you look, the better you’ll look in your photos.
Back to your photo session